Friday, January 22, 2016

fourteen

This week is all about using that awesome mist & stamp set that came with the Sweet Charlotte classic kit! I don't know about anyone else but that stamp set has quickly become one of my favorites and I've used it in some way on every project I've created with this kit so far! 

My layout this week has lots of layers of patterned paper. This is usually how I get around the busyness of some the patterned papers. I find that if I pair them up with more neutral papers they add a nice accent to my page without being overwhelming. 
After I placed my patterned papers in the background I used the mist by unscrewing the cap and flicking the paint on my page. I like the look of droplets so very rarely will I actually spray on the page (unless I'm making a background for a card).

Hard to believe my oldest daughter just turned 14...I started scrapbooking when she was just 3 weeks old! I did a little stamping with the #today stamp by stamping it a couple times without re-inking to make some of the stamped images look a little more faded.
I also added some ribbon at the bottom of my photos by putting a strip of adhesive & then wrinkling the ribbon as I adhered it. Then I ran it through my sewing machine both for the look and to help keep it adhered. That wooden banner was perfect for my 'fourteen' spelled out in the Elle's Studio alphas in the kit!

Be sure to share how you're using the mist & stamp set over in the Noel Mignon facebook group!!
 

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

This is a GORGEOUS page, Michelle! I love the papers you chose to go with that cork background!