Thursday, November 4, 2010

Forever Family with "Dear Diary"


November is National Adoption Month, and my family has been twice blessed by the gift of adoption. (To read our adoption story, just visit my blog). I used the gorgeous "Dear Diary" kit to create this layout about the day we legally and officially became a "Forever Family". I love using a grid design and creating little vignettes to go along with my story. The patterned papers I pulled to go along with my photos are by Crate Paper, Lily Bee Designs, We R Memory Keepers and October Afternoon. 


Here's a close-up of my title work...I used the heart brad by Basic Grey as the dot of my "i". 


I cut the "4" card from a patterned paper by Crate Paper and accented it with a Crate Paper sticker and Jillibean Soup pin. That gold glitter frame by Making Memories was perfect to highlight our family photo. 


I applied a Hambly flower rub-on to a Crate Paper sticker and placed a green Basic Grey brad through it. 


"Dear Diary" is perfect for those family photos! 

Until next time,
Jill

3 comments:

Lizzyc said...

Gorgeous layout of a very precious occasion.. i have left a comment on your personal blog.. i too am an adoptive mum..have a blessed day!xx

MichelleB said...

What a fabulous page!

Debbi Tehrani said...

Absolutely gorgeous! So many wonderful details on here!