Friday, August 2, 2013

Boardwalk Love

Happy Friday everyone!!  I must say, as soon as I got the Our Summer August kit in the mail, I couldn't wait to dive in!!!  Such a fun mix of product - especially those AWESOME Thickers!!!  I've had these pics for a few years now, just waiting on the right mix of goodies to display them :)  Ryan LOVES the boardwalk in Ocean City - the rides, games & yummy treats - all right up his alley :)

 photo boardwalk600_zpscb1ba3bf.png

Once I had laid everything out, I realized I needed something to "pop" behind the photos as the ledger paper was pretty muted in color and the photos had a lot of white.  I decided to use this bold teal paper & cut an arrow background using my Silhouette.  Also, stitching around my photos really helped to make them stand out more :)

 photo boardwalkcu2_zps0eb4a8c1.png

I mixed the Thickers from the kit with a Silhouette cut to create my title.  That brightly colored mini heart patterned paper was just the right touch for the theme of this layout!!

 photo boardwalkcu1_zpsdeaccd50.png

Anyone have any old photos you have been holding on to scrap???  I challenge you to break them out & attach them to some paper :) Thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

Diane said...

What a beautiful smile on that handsome boys face! I love the stitching, and that bright yellow pp paired with the travel log pp. Very pretty, Julie!!