Thursday, October 3, 2013

Fussy Cutting with Miss Nelson

Hi everyone! I'm stopping by today to share a layout I made using the Miss Nelson kit (Project Life kit is still available!) that uses lots of fussy cutting.

 I loved the MME patterned paper in the kit with the beautiful roses on it so I decided to cut them out and use them on a layout.  Fussy cutting was a technique that took me a while to understand but once I figured out the principle it came pretty easily to me.  The key is to keep your scissors as open as possible while moving the paper through it.  I use a pair of Tim Holtz scissors to fussy cut which are easy to hold and super sharp, they've worked perfectly for me!

  I embellished with some spray mist, enamel dots, bows, and circular photographs




So there you have it! The unique shapes of those flower bunches make my layout look much more dynamic and interesting.

In other news- we still have spots in the upcoming Masquerade Mini Album Class and some coordinating class kits available.  If you're wondering what sort of techniques I'll be sharing with you I'd like to tell you here (photo sneaks are coming soon!).  I will be constructing 2 mini albums in the class: the videos will feature a Halloween themed mini and the PDF instructions will feature a "Summer in Review" mini, both using Noel Mignon kits of course!

Chapter 1: Introduction and supplies
Chapter 2: Constructing your mini album from a cardboard box and creating sturdy pages
Chapter 3: Specialty Pages using supplies like burlap, vellum, paint, punches, etc
Chapter 4: Flip Albums: two different types of albums and closure ideas for containing flip albums within your mini for extra photo real estate
Chapter 5: Embellishment Techniques: ideas using journaling cards, tabs, making your own envelopes, and more
Chapter 6: Designing Your Cover: creating a unique burlap flower and a ribbon closure for your album
Chapter 7: Final thoughts and album walk throughs

And of course there is a giveaway of an Evening Stroll Noel Mignon kit to one lucky particpant who purchase both the class and the kit.  What's not to love?!  Make sure you sign up :)


-Cassie

No comments: