Saturday, December 26, 2015

Mistletoe & Holly: Joy and Christmas Dance

Merry Christmas, Noel Mignon fans! It's Jana Eubank. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying your weekend.

I'm back again today with a couple more layouts using the December Mistletoe & Holly Classic Kit.

JOY TO THE WORLD

I love a minty aqua, white, and red color scheme for Christmas and winter pages and thought it would be perfect here with my daughters at their school choir concert, wearing their red vests. The pictures just POP against the light background and really become the focus of this page.


I used the peppermint-looking chevron paper as the baseline for my photos, snuggling them up to each other in an arrangement that made sense. 

I have LOVED cutting out the birds from the October Afternoon paper ... I think I have used them on almost every pages I have created this month ... they are just so happy and sweet. I can't resist! Here they are accenting the top of my page, grouped with a few punched white glittery snowflakes.



And again in the lower left corner of the photo grouping.


I used the tag stickers from the Jillibean Soup stickers to accent either side of the page, it's a fun way to add in a different texture with the white string tied to them.


I handcut the word "Joy" from the Simple Stories paper and used it to create my title. The white letter stickers are from the kit. The green stickers were die cut using and alphabet die I had in my stash. I punched out a few more snowflakes to accent the title and tie this part of the page in with the snowflakes at the top of the page.

Finally, I pen-stitched around the edges of the page using the red pen that was included with th ekit.

.

CHRISTMAS DANCE

I used a similar color scheme on this page of my daughter going to the Christmas Dance last year. I used the My Mind's Eye papers from the kit paired with white and ivory. The Shimelle woodgrain paper was the perfect background layer to house my photos.


I used those cute October Afternoon birds again at the top of this page along with some Pink Paislee snowflake puffy stickers, the Jillibean Soup "JOY" sticker, and a couple of snowflake sequins. 

I added a bit of stitching along the striped paper for texture.


I had already cut the woodgrain background paper when I decided that I wanted to scoot it a little more to the left. I needed a pattern to fill in on the right ... and decided to go with something tone-on-tone. I used an embossing folder to emboss a piece of white cardstock, and then accented the edge with a punched scallop border. I love how pretty it turned out! It goes nicely with the elegant dance clothes in the pictures.


The lace along the bottom of the page came from last month's Golden Delicious Classic kit. I love the texture it adds here. 

I created the title using a cut file I created of my handwriting. You can download that file for free by visiting the FREEBIES page on my personal blog, if you'd like. The green letters were again created using a metal die and cardstock from my stash. I placed a few puffy star stickers around the title to connect the title visually to the photos a bit more.

Finally, to accent the bottom of my layout, I hand cut several of the gifts from the My Mind's Eye paper and grouped them together with a puffy poinsettia sticker, "Cheer" Jillibean Soup stickers, puffy snowflake stickers. and a die cut pine sprig (Silhouette Cameo).

.

Well, I hope you enjoy your weekend! And now that the big day is over, you might get a minute to yourself to do a little bit of scrapping! If so, I hope my pages have inspired you today to pull out your Mistletoe & Holly kit. 

I'm now getting excited to dig into my Sweet Charlotte goodies! Eeek!

Happy New Year to you!
Jana





1 comment:

jordanbev5@yahoo.com said...

Oh, such beautiful layouts by Jana!! Love all the fun details such as the lace border! Great pics too!