Friday, March 24, 2017

May 2016 Project Life - March DD Kit: Delightful

Hi!  Sarah here with a project life spread from May of last year.  Yep, I'm going back and getting some of last year done.  This is actually a continuation of the month for me, it's after school got out and right when we went on our trip to Florida to visit family and went to Disney World.  This week, we are challenging everyone to use spring colors!


For the left side of the spread, I focused on the Disney part of our trip.  One of my main starting points was the Magic card on the left.  It came in the kit and gave me the inspiration to work on this month.


For the right side of the spread, I focused on our time with Josh's family and some friends we got to meet up with.


For the title card, I layered up a 4x6 and a 3x4 card from the kit.  I did some journaling on it and added the wood label with the month and a Freckled Fawn feather.  I also included one of our plane tickets.


For the center of the spread, I included two of my favorite pictures of my girls from Disney.  I also included a package from my FAVORITE sweet treat ever that they gave us on the plane....STROOPWAFELS!!!  These are amazing little caramel wafer cookies from Europe.  I was shocked when they handed them to us!


For the bottom, I included a big family photo of us on the last day of Disney.  We had dinner at BOMA at Animal Kingdom and it was delicious.  We all had on matching family reunion shirts that we wore all day.  I added to the photo with a cut up card that says "happy together" and a chipboard circle from Freckled Fawn.  And another 4x6 card where I journaled and cut up a couple of 3x4 cards with the mason jar and the "remember this" sentiment.


For the right side of the spread, I focused on our time in Tampa with Josh's mom.  The top cards focus on a tea party that the girls had with their Mamaw.  I used the Pebbles cut apart sheet and cut it into a 4x6 card, gluing the picture on the right side.  And on the right, a fun date night Josh and I got to sneak out for.


For the center, we went to a delicious Peruvian restaurant.  I included the business card and some alphas from the Carta Bella sticker sheet.  Then, my mother-in-law started teaching Caylan how to play with piano.  I also did a journaling card about spending time there, cutting a sentiment out of another card and adding it to the journaling card along with a red heart from Freckled Fawn, and ended with a cut from a mini golf place we went to one day.


And for the last part of this month, I included a photo of some friends we got to get together with.  They live on some property with horses and we got to pet and feed them, which is why I included the gold horse shoe (not included in the kit).  And I ended with journaling about our NIGHTMARE of trying to get back home.  It includes canceled flights, nights in hotel rooms and a rental car to finally just get home.

I hope you all enjoyed it!  Don't be afraid to cut up your project life cards and use them in different ways.  Thanks for stopping by today.  I can't wait to see your spring-colored layouts and spreads!


No comments: