Thursday, May 17, 2007

BFF and Beautiful

These two layouts I did last night on a whim..love when they come together just like you dreamed in your head. Makes me smile...and smile really BIG!

The first one I did was actually inspired by the Heat and Stick tutorial done here. i know it is hard to see the finished glitter and sparkly effect but BELIEVE ME..it's there and it is BLINGING on FIYAH!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
i used My Mind's Eye bohemian collection pp with the coordinating card that said Best Friends Forever and I just cut it up. i used my word windown punch to cut out some of the doodling on that card so it wouldn't go to waste and adhered it to the top and bottom of the white cardstock. I hate to waste good stuff..
I used prima flowers and the Rusty pickleSwirly Whirly chipboard.
i inked the whitecardstock edges with Ranger ink in Vintage Photo.
To learn about the how to glitter your own chipboard please visit here.

For this layout this really was just a bunch of scraps i had left over from a bunch of different paper manufacturers. I hate throwing away scraps so I decided what better way to use them. the leaves were actually inspired by my color box chalk ink container. I just traced that cut them out and voila. used the ranger ink again in vintage photo and drew my "tree" limbs. adhered it and BAM DONE. I really like the way this turned out. Seemed appropriate for the picture. My journaling is up the limbs of my "tree". Fun Times.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 comments:

Noel said...

Ok I love both of tese. But the LO of Melana is breathtaking! I freaked when I saw it!! It's so amazing. Great job!!

Michelle Quinno said...

Love the use of scraps!! Brilliant!

Michelle Quinno said...

Love the glittery one too but the tutorial link isn't working for me.

Greta Adams said...

okay try it now...i had one to many h's in it...sheesh