Sunday, June 3, 2007

buds


I LOVE this photo of my son and his friend. I took it on opening day of t-ball this year. So while it may look very "me", I actually stepped out of my box a bit and painted the chipboard! Never have I painted before on a LO, so this was a bit adventurous for me! Not only that, my green was to yellow, so I even mixed it with some brown to get it muted out a bit. So now of course I'm obsessed with painting!! Question---which paint do you guys recommend out of these 2, MM or Lil' Davis? I HAVE to order some to carry in the store now! Give me your thoughts.

So for this little layout (8x8) I used the "Cest La Vie" line from MME. As you know by now I OBSESSED with it! I used a tiny Heidi Swapp star next to the BasicGrey mini monos, which I of course painted. Up top I used the MME sticker borders with SEI buttons in between. I also inked the paper edges with some ranger distress ink.

And I totally lifted this from Ashley's LO.....thanks for the inspiration!!

3 comments:

Greta Adams said...

i just love this one...painting is sooooo fun...
MM all the way...Lil Davis paint is runny...at least the handful of times i used it...unless they re vamped it...
I love MM paint though...very thick and covers well and dries super fast..

JaelCal said...

Great job on the painting, it looks great. I left you a comment at the other site, but didn't know this was your first time painting. I have not used either the MM or Lil davis paints. I vote for the ranger's dabbers, thou they are a little more expensive 3 bucks for a bottle.

Anonymous said...

I love the painting, too cool. And this paper is so cute, works great with the photo!