Thursday, June 7, 2007

Just Paint It!

When I discovered paint, I discovered the endless possibilities of my supplies. With paint, it doesn't matter what color alphabet I buy, or what color my chipboard embellishments are in the box. If I need a different color, I simply paint it! For me, it makes more since to invest in a good supply of paint--including lots of colors instead of buying one chipboard alphabet in every color. For instance, when I decided to do this layout about my favorite color, I wanted all the elements to be some shade of purple. Problem was, I didn't have the right letters in that shade. So I took some blue and red chipboard letters and painted them purple. And when I decided I wanted to use the mesh on the page, I knew it would need paint since it was bright red!
I often use paint for acrylic accents as well. By painting the back of these letters, I created the look of ready made blue acrylic letters.
And by painting the heart on this layout, I created the look of a ready made red acrylic heart.
Use paint to modify any of your supplies--the colors we use aren't always what's sold at the store, but you can customize any of your embellishments to fit your layout perfectly!

3 comments:

Greta Adams said...

awesome tutorial ashley..you know as crazy as it sounds...i have never thought to paint my acrylic embellies' {slaps head}

Noel said...

Great article Ash! I just used paint on a LO for the first time and I'm in love....ooh la la! :-)

JaelCal said...

Great article Ashley!!!!