Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I Believe


Noel has issued us gals a new challenge, which you can check out HERE! The challenge was to use the word, believe. I tossed this idea around for a bit and decided to scrap my school picture. I usually toss these pictures because they don't turn out so well. But I have been trying to include myself more in my scrapbooks for my children. Lord knows I won't be around forever! I want my children to know that I love my job (I teach 5th grade) and leave everyday knowing that I made a difference. Nothing touches me more than a student who is now in college or starting their first job, write a letter or e-mail me, to tell me I was their favorite teacher. Many have told me that I have inspired them to be whatever it is that they chose. Not that everyday is roses.....believe me, there are plenty of days I think I am crazy for choosing this career! But for the most part, I love my job!

I used bits a pieces from the Homeroom kit as well as the Blue Skies kit. This LO was a bit of a challenge for me because of the hot pink tank I wore. What was I thinking? LOL! So I chose the softer, more subdued palette with touches of pink.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!!!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

I LOVE love love your journaling. It is so true. And I"m proud of you for including more pics of yourself- that's so important!

I adore all the little bits you tucked in under the photo. That rocks. :)