Monday, October 25, 2010

True Blue



Happy Monday everybody! Man, what a great weekend - it's the first truly rainy, overcasty, get-nothing-much-accomplished, cuddle-on-the-couch-and-watch-movies, with a hot cup of apple cider kind of weekend we've had so far here, and I have to say it was PERFECT!

Today over at the challenge blog we're starting this new, "Shades of the Same" challenge. You can use whatever you want, but it has to be based on ONE color. I chose blue, since I had so much to work with from the Office Party and Sweet Sue kits.



I decided not to use a photo, but instead grabbed this invitation for a friend's house-warming party, which just happened to have the perfect color blue outline. Totally coincidental... No planning there.... Nope...



I don't usually do the whole "hidden journaling" thing, but I had a hand-written note from my friend that I just had to have with it, so I made a little pocket and attached some blue tulle to it.



I cut the lace tape from Basic Grey in half and ran it lengthwise across the page. This creates the illusion of another layer in there and helps to anchor the center strip to the page.



Alright, now go take a look at what the other girls came up with and don't forget to post your layout in the gallery! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

xoxo
Britt

1 comment:

Heather Innusa said...

Great layout!! There is so much texture there I want to shout!!