Thursday, April 21, 2011

A tiny dandelion tutorial and some Mary Ellen love!

Hi friends! I hope you are adding the lovely Mary Ellen kit (now on sale!) to your cart and doing some fun Easter shopping! I have a little layout love from the Mary Ellen kit to show you in a moment, but first I wanted to show you guys what I did for the stamping challenge we have going on.

So, first off, I'm not really creative when it comes to stamping, I usually forget to use them! But I wanted to push myself out of the box for this challenge, so here's what I came up with:

I stamped the awesome sunburst Jenni Bowlin stamp on some Cosmo Cricket paper from the Jump & Jive kit. I used Tim Holtz's crushed olive distress ink- love this color!
Then I added some simple doodling to help the stamp have a little bit more interest to it. I used a grey Bic Color-It marker.
On top of this, I used a foam brush and some white acrylic paint to "stamp."
And finally, I added a few crystal clear Stickles.... cut it out and use it as a "dandelion" embellishment!
Here's the final result:

Made with the Jump & Jive kit... still available!



And here's a little layout I whipped up after getting my Mary Ellen kit in the mail yesterday! LOVE IT! It's a good one, so you'll want to snatch one up for yourself before they are all gone!






3 comments:

caroline hancock / Scrappercaz said...

ok girl both of these are straight into my lift pile they are AWESOME oh and i love how you worked that stamp :)

TeenaBugg38 said...

WOW!! All kinds of awesomeness here!! LOVEEEE both layouts!!

Gretchen said...

i mean i think it is quite rude for you to be posting (and kind of bragging) layouts with your new Mary Ellen kit before the rest of us have gotten it. and you are dragging your precious child down with you. shame, shame!!!!!
:)
:)
love it Virg!