Thursday, July 7, 2011

Two-Page Layouts: Out for a Stroll


Good morning! Today I'm starting a new blog series on two-page layouts so every Thursday in July look for a new post from me on this very subject! I mostly like to create two-page layouts when I have a bunch of photos from an event but for this layout I used three similar photos and several larger design elements. My family recently bought a double jogging stroller and this was the girls' first time in it. I had been wanting one for a LOOOONG time so I was very excited to try it out. 



To create the large star, I hand drew it first on my cardstock and then cut it out. It's not perfect but that's the look I was going for. You could also use a die-cut as a template. I gathered five patterned papers that I liked together and cut them in strips to fit behind the star. I machine stitched around the star and between the layers of paper. 



On the right-hand page, I pieced together more patterned paper (love that Sassafras calendar paper). And further on the right, I punched patterned paper and used a strip of text paper to create a third large design element. 


If you have any questions about anything, please let me know! 

See you next week!
Jill

2 comments:

Debbi Tehrani said...

Adorable layout! Love the stitching around the stars!

Gretchen said...

fun one Jill!!