Monday, January 16, 2012

Mini Snowmobiles




A couple years ago we took the kids to a sledding park near our home in the mountains of Utah. Next to the sledding hill was a course set up with the cutest mini snowmobiles you have ever seen! I think I wanted the kids to try them out more than they did . . . and I would have hopped on them myself if I wasn't an adult. :)


The kids got to zip around the track several times, and I had so much fun capturing shots of each one of them, as well as their cousins. When I got home to scrap them . . . that's when the hard part came in. How do I add all these pictures to one layout, as well as my journaling without my page looking all jumbled? My solution? I decided to print all the pictures in a wallet size and "group" them together with a large circle. Everything on this page is from the Cabin Fever Kit.


I wanted to record each of my children's reaction to riding the miniature snowmobiles, so I decided to write my journaling in the large open space to the left of my photos. The kraft paper already had lines printed on it, which made it easy for me to keep my writing straight. I also like how the tone of the black writing and the kraft paper are very similar . . . so they almost blend together . . . making the journaling feel more like a background element.


Finally, I added some fun elements to my page by hand-cutting the quilt circles from the My Mind's Eye Kraft Funday papers and layering Maya Road transparency snowflakes on top of them. A "cozy" twist to the chilly snowflake. :)

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a creative week!

Jana Eubank

No comments: