Monday, July 16, 2012

Hello Super Star!

Good Monday Morning!
Today I'm here to share a little tip with you...

Have you ever gone to the craft store, strolled the fabric aisle & BAM!
find a perfect pattern you just KNOW you can do something with?

I sure have. Sometimes I go through the fabric aisle just to get inspiration.
It's one of the many ways I find it.
Just so happens - the other day I was in Hobby Lobby & found the PERFECT
fabric. My entire being knew I had to have it - thinking..."one day I will do
SOMETHING with it!"
So I had the cutting lady cut it for me & I came home with it, as happy as a clam.

I'll admit I had no idea what I'd do other than something scrappy with it.

Then I remembered my tip/tutorial post & thought to myself...yes! I'll use it for that!

So this is what I did.
Instead of using a pattern paper or just cardstock -
I used a strip of fabric I cut into 10" x 10 and using a fabric glue - adhered it on a
sheet of 12" x 12" neutral color cardstock. 
Next I took 2 of my star punches & punched shapes from some of the papers
from the gorgeous July Boardwalk kit


Then I used black ink & dropped a few drops on the cardstock. I also took a spritz in black
and did the same thing.

After that dried - I took a distressing tool & went around each of the 4 edges of my fabric
to give it the rough, frayed look

Here's the outcome of my layout:
and how about a couple of close up shots:





Thank you for letting me share this with you today.
I hope I've inspired you to step out of the box & use fabric in your background
of your next project.

**note:  all things used are from the July Boardwalk kit EXCLUDING the
cardstock, fabric, glue, inks & spray mists.

have a GREAT week!
happy crafting!





9 comments:

bubbs said...

LOVE it! Now I am feeling the need to go get some fabric!! This is awesome and I especially love how it looks with distressed edges!

Virginia said...

Seriously? My husband needs to stop leaving himself logged in. LOL

Diane Payne said...

This is amazing, Leslie! Love!

Shelley Haganman said...

As one fabric lover to another....I love it! :)

Julie Bonner said...

This is adorable Leslie!!! LOVE all those stars & how you used the fabric for a background :)

Melanie said...

W.O.W! Love it, Leslie! Such a an amazing layout :)

Elisha Pharr said...

LOL...Virginia!!!
I love this Leslie!! I NEED that fabric!!! Your LO turned out FABULOUS!!!

elizabeth said...

Love, Love, Love this!!

And now I can't wait to go home and pull out some of the vintage fabric I've been hoarding...err...collecting! :)

Linh C. said...

What an awesome layout! I love everything about it...technique, colors, design, photos, EVERYTHING!

I have some fabric swatches that I've been holding onto to do something with, and now, I need to give your technique a try.