Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Sweet Life!!!

Photobucket

Hello Everyone!!!  As you can tell from the earlier posts this week, the design team is being inspired by chevron & arrows this week!!! YAY!!  With the soft, muted palette of my photo, the papers & embellishments in the Summer Wind kit fit just perfectly.  I had it in my mind that I wanted to create a border of arrows.  I found an old Cuttlebug die in my stash and set to work cutting all these small arrows in a variety of patterned papers.  I think this would be a fun idea to try with any of your small dies or punches - not to mention a great way to use up some of your scraps :)

Photobucket

Here is a close-up of the arrow border.  To help me in placement, I drew lines down first :)  You might also notice that pleated paper behind the chevron - paper folding is a fun & easy way to add some texture to your pages!!

Photobucket

I LOVED this Pink Paislee tag to house my title work - a fun mix of those raw chipboard thickers & the My Minds Eye layered sticker :)  

Photobucket

Now, head on over to your own scrap space & see if you have any small punches or die-cuts to create your own custom border!!  Can't wait to see what you all create in the gallery!!  

1 comment:

Elisha Pharr said...

This is so beautiful and has such a soft feel to it!! I love the chevron and arrows.