Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Heartbeat Gala


Hello everyone and welcome to "Lift a Member" week here on the blog. 

I must admit I had a lot of fun looking through the member gallery over on the message board for a layout to lift. Since I had two smaller photos I wanted to work with I chose to lift the "Day Out" layout by Caz Hancock.  I also liked how Caz had the doily tucked between two layers of patterned paper.

Using the Lasting Love kit and Caz's layout for inspiration, here is what I made.

This layout appears to be about Valentine's but it was actually a benefit/fundraiser that we had the privilege to attend a couple weekends ago. The foundation that hosts the event was started four years ago and raises money to provide free heart screenings and AED's in schools across the state of Texas. It was really a fun night with friends and for a great cause.

Here are a few close-ups...
For my title I layered the tiny letter stickers, included in the kit, over the arrow sticker embellishment. It fit perfectly!
Along the bottom I included a strip of the glitter tape. Have you used the glitter tape yet? It is a great way to add sparkle without the mess of loose glitter.
 I added my journaling to one of the die-cut journal cards and clipped it to the back of the layout. I made the clip by cutting the prongs off a brad and then blued a small paper clip in its place.
Thanks for the inspiration Caz! This came together in a snap and I love how it turned out!

2 comments:

Patricia Roebuck said...

This is beautiful, Diane! And such a wonderful cause!

Caroline said...

this is fabulous, thanks so much for lifting me :)