Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wonderful Awesome You!!

Hello all!!! Excited to be here today to share my take on this month's sketch challenge :)  I had a blast looking through all the bits & pieces in the Country Lane kit to find just the right ones to accent this sweet pic of my littlest one . . .

 photo awesome600_zps60382d90.jpg

I kept many of the major elements of the sketch, but tweaked it a bit to work for my photos.  Instead of using three different photos, I decided to overlap 3 copies of the same photo.  You will see my title work below using a fun mix of the Thickers, a wood die-cut, and a cardstock sticker from the kit.  I also added in a large hot air balloon brad in the center of the "o" :)

 photo awesomecu1_zpsb648244d.jpg

Those star pins were too cute not to use, so I tucked a few in behind the photo.

 photo awesomecu2_zps96e06d25.jpg

I loved the strip at the bottom of one of the Dear Lizzy papers and decided to add that in with some additional words I created from the Studio Calico teal mini alphas :)  I also layered one of the rub-ons on top of all the photos.  To do this without having any rub-on disasters, I first transferred the rub-on to a transparency.  Then I simply cut around it and stitched it down to the layout.

 photo awesomecu3_zps358f3cc3.jpg

I hope you will play along with this month's sketch challenge too this month!!!  Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments: