Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Silhouette Frame


Hello and Happy Tuesday!! Today I have a cute and simple home decor piece to share with you using the "Balboa" kit.

I have been putting pieces together, both homemade and store bought, for my oldest daughter's room. We are going to do a mini gallery wall, with a collage of fun, and inspiration pieces. I loved the bright colors and chalkboard elements in the "Balboa" kit, and knew that it would go along perfectly with her room decor.


I knew I wanted to use this sticker from the Hazel and Ruby set the minute I saw it, I thought it would be perfect to pair with a simple silhouette.


I layered it with some a label sticker from Chic Tags, and one of the speech bubbles from the Hazel and Ruby set. Made for a fun little bit of interest, and helped it to stand out more against the bold pink background.
It still needed a little something else, so layering one of the acetate flowers and wood buttons, I made a "bow" for the ponytail. Then using the glitter glue, included in our kit, I thickly applied it at an angle to the ponytail, this gave it texture, and sparkle!


All put together, this is going to make for a great addition to her collage...and she loves it, so that's always a plus! :)

No comments: