Tuesday, September 9, 2014

playing with spray mist/Back to School DT Challenge

This week our design team is going back to school!

I chose to create my "Silly Goose" layout this week using spray mists, something that some use on everything and some are too scared to try. I also used the "Tea For Two" kit from this month. 


I actually really like to use spray mists and use them in some way on just about every layout that I create. I like the artsy feel and while sometimes the spray doesn't go exactly where I want it to these "mistakes" end up being more like "happy accidents" and you can always cover up what you don't like. 


I used spray mists in three different ways on my page.

First of all, I used the spray as perhaps the manufacturer intended: I just pushed on the nozzle and did spots of mist in various colors. This may be hard to see as a lot of it got covered up by paper and photos.


The second way that I used mist was by removing the spray nozzle from the bottle and shaking it lightly on my page at an angle. This is what gives the look of the splatter droplets. 

This is the way I most often use the spray mists. I feel like I have more control over the amount of spray on my page by using this technique. 


The third way that I used spray mist on my layout was by "painting" the edges of my cardstock using the straw from the nozzle as a sort of a paint brush. I like that it helps to define the edge of the cardstock so that it doesn't get lost on the background paper. 


What do you think? 

Do you want to give it a try? 

You can find lots of paint, glitter and spray mist at the Noel Mignon store here. 

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by today!




No comments: