Wednesday, January 7, 2015

catching up on 2014 in 2015

Hey there!

Do you scrap chronologically or do you just grab whatever photo strikes your fancy at the time?

Do you feel like you are caught up on last year and ready to tackle this new year?

Honestly, I don't know if I will ever feel caught up so for my project today I am using a photograph from 2014 showcasing one of my 2nd oldest daughter's favorite things to do: read. And lately, it is reading Harry Potter books, more specifically.

She spent a great deal of her Christmas holiday break with her nose stuck in a Harry Potter book.

I love that my kids love to read- I hope they will always have a thirst for reading and gaining knowledge.


To start this page I used the bullseye paper from the Hey Girl classic kit which is still available in the shop. If you hurry you just might be able to snag the Classic Kit or the Daily Diary kit. There are also lots of fantastic new additions to the store. 


Using some sharp scissors and a craft knife I cut out each of the rings from the bullseye paper and mounted most on patterned paper. I reconstructed the bullseye shape and then added some of the pretty ribbon as a foundation before adding my picture and other embellishments. 

I like to use lots of stickers and other embellishments along with this fun tape from Heidi Swapp. I think it is my favorite item from this particular kit. 

One thing that I keep pulling from a past kit is the American Crafts gold glitter glue. 

I used it here on the black foam Thickers. I think that it would have turned out better if I'd put the glitter glue on the alphas, let the glitter glue dry and then placed it on my layout. As it was, the ribbon made for a lumpy and uneven foundation so some of the glitter glue didn't dry as nice and pretty as I'd hoped. 

Chalk it up to a good learning experience, right?


I added more of the Heidi Swapp tape and these cute star stickers to the bottom of my page. I added some doodling as well. The "good" is one of the fun rub-ons in the kit. I wanted it to stand out from the green background so I mounted it on white cardstock, cut around it with scissors and then adhered it to my page using some foam adhesive

Noel has added lots of fun new items in the store. Head over to check them out and don't forget to use the code "Birthday" during checkout so that you can get free shipping on your order (within the U.S. only). 

Happy scrapping! 

No comments: