Thursday, July 30, 2015

Daily Diary Pool Party meets the FUSE.

For my 3rd project using the Daily Diary Pool Party kit I wanted to create a very unique one of a kind page.  I wanted to incorporate a lot of the amazing cards and patterned paper that was included in the kit.  However, certain sizes and orientations of both photos and paper did not work for my pre-made photo pockets that I currently had on hand.  So, I decided to whip out a 12x12 page protector and my amazing FUSE tool and get to work!  I just could not let any of my favourites from the Daily Diary Pool Party kit be left out for this layout.  I love that I was able to include them all.


And voila!  A layout full of tiny pockets, larger pockets, embellishments, photos and all that delicious randomness!


The trick when using this method to create a pocket page with so many custom sized cards, papers and embellishments is to build your page from the bottom up.  I usually begin my page in the bottom left corner and work my way up.  After each addition of either a card, paper or photo, is when I use the Fuse to secure the edges closed.



I loved adding some of the puffy stickers and embellishments from the kit directly onto my page protector, on the outside as shown below.  As much as I love having everything inside of a pocket, I still love having tiny bits on the outside of them to touch and add a little bit of pop.  


In this layout I also had a lot of fun adding stickers on top of cards.  I added the "right here, right now" stickers onto the lens of the camera card.  I also added the puffy sticker "summer" and enamel dots onto the wood grain card.  I love how that card reminds me of an old dock you would stand on in the summer over looking a lake.  It was just the perfect combination for this page.


I also love adding word strip stickers onto my photos.  The "hello summer" word strip is one of my favourites and it just serves to add the cutest caption.



I hope you enjoyed this little "twist" on using the Daily Diary Pool Party Kit and have been inspired to include more of those favourites that we all have that sometimes just do not fit into pre-made pocket pages.  Where there is a will, there is a way and using the Fuse will seriously help any obstacle.  It is a great accompaniment to using this wonderful kit and I love that I did not have to leave any of my favourites out from this months Daily Diary kit...I had a lot! :)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love this soooo much! I just got the fuse tool myself. This is so inspiring!