Friday, August 21, 2015

Beauty // Life lessons with the Country Life kit!

Hey all!!! The design team has been sharing projects all week with the theme "life lessons" and today I have a layout to share with the Country Life classic kit. I'm still saving some of the kit to create some pages for apple picking next month ;) 

Today my layout is all about stopping to smell the roses...or sunflowers in this case. We definitely live in a go go go world but sometimes you just have to pull over on the side of the road and check out the view...especially when the view is acres and acres of beautiful sunflowers!!
I lucked out that there was sunflower patterned paper in the kit - yay!!! And here's a tip for saving some of that patterned paper for future projects - instead of using the entire sheet & layering on top of it, I will cut it just small enough for my needs and attach it to some cardstock (usually cardstock that I probably won't use). 

You can see how I did that here:
I used 6x12 pieces of the patterned paper attached to cardstock so I still have the other pieces to use for other projects. One of those had a super cute watering can print that I want to use for another project so I didn't want to waste it!!
But back to my layout, I printed one of my photos at a larger size so you could fully appreciate the sunflowers in the photo. Then some layering finished it off!!

And here's another tip - I didn't really feel like journaling on the front of my page (I just didn't think it would really add to the page). When this happens I'll usually just jot a couple notes on the back of the layout. You know, in case we ever want to know more about the photos years from now :)
 

No comments: