Thursday, November 12, 2015

Fall Favourites & Daily Diary Kit

Hello everyone!  It's Lindsay here, with some more Daily Diary inspiration from the November kit.  This week we were challenged to document our "Fall Favourites".  I found this layout so fun to do...especially since this week we also received our first official snow fall of the year, so it was a nice way to go back in time to those glorious fall days!


I created my pocket page spread using my favourite Simple Stories 6x8 pocket page protectors.  I love the little pockets, and Noel Mignon's Daily Diary kits always come with the cutest 2x2 cards.  It's truly a win win! 


One little fun thing I did with this layout was utilize my pockets to add a title.  These "FALL" cards provided me with the best title.  And again, so easy as they just slipped right into the pockets.  This is just a simple fun way to include titles into your pockets, simply!


I loved how this kit also came with so many captioned cards.  That made documenting my fall favourites even easier.  My photos really served to "embellish" the cards.  Definitely a great time saver as well.


On this page however, the "hello autumn" card was actually originally a 4x4.  So I simply trimmed the card into 4 2x2 squares.  I really like how this turned out.  I added a bit of extra stickers to the card as well as a strip of washi in the top left corner.  Isn't washi the best?


I also love adding elements on top of my page protectors.  It is hard to see in the photo, but the 'happy fall y'all' and the 'good eats' are actually placed on top of my pockets using glue dots.  Just a simple and fun way to play with texture and add a bit of dimension.


I always have so much fun playing with these kits and this month is no exception.  Always SO much great stuff to play with.  See you next week with another great challenge!

1 comment:

Jana Eubank said...

You make me want to run and grab the square pocket pages. I don't have any yet, but after seeing your work with them, I NEED them!!! :D Beautiful!