Sunday, November 8, 2015

Pocket Pages with Golden Delicious Daily Diary Kit


Hello Friends!

My name is Jana Eubank. And I'm so excited to be back posting here with the Noel Mignon design team. I have designed for Noel before and have missed it. Noel's kits are the BEST!

Today I will be sharing pocket pages to share with you using the November 2015 "Golden Delicious" Daily Diary Kit. I've been catching up on Halloween and Fall memories from 2014.

HAPPY HALLOWEEN by Jana Eubank


On the left side of my page spread I have four vertical 4x6 photos. I trimmed them to 3" wide and used the patterned side of the Simple Stories cards as photo mats.


The top 3" x 4" card serves as my title card for this side of the page. I mixed the letter stickers for a bit of fun, and adhered them to the card in a staggered fashion.

I had fun decorating the bottom 3"x4" card just for fun. I used the Simple Stories 2"x2" pumpkin and then layered a die cut label and wood phrase over the top. A few buttons from my stash finish it off.


On the right page, I didn't have a lot of deep journaling for these photos. I used labels to quickly indicate what was happening in each photo.


My favorite card on this page spread is the 3"x4" card on the far right. I used the letter stickers to stack four words together and then decorated the empty pages with the small icons from the letter sticker sheet. I love the way it turned out!


.

FALL by Jana Eubank


We always seem to wait until the last minute to carve our Halloween pumpkins every year. Atleast the pumpkins don't have time to rot in the sun, or be eaten by the animals, right?!

The pictures I took of my kids carving pumpkins had a blue cast to them. Using the yellow and orange Simple Stories cards really helped to warm things up!


I trimmed down the "Pick of the Patch" 3x4 card and layered it on top of a plaid patterned 3x4 card. I then added a small zigzag border along the top and bottom using patterned scissors. The cute Simple Stories birdie brad is so cute here!


For the right page, I added more photos of my kids dressing up for the carnival at the Elementary school. I love that our school has a carnival each year. Everyone, from 1 to 99, attends. It's so much fun! I also love that it gives the kids another opportunity to wear their costumes.


I placed the 2x2 "F-A-L-L" letter squares so that they were "touching" each other, even though they are adhered to two 3x4 cards contained in different pockets. It gives the illusion of one large 4x6" vertical title card. Having a large element like this on a page with all 4x6 photos helps to balance the overall design.


My journaling isn't perfect looking, and I'm okay with that. I inherited my late grandfather's typewriter that he used to write poems on. I now use it to add journaling to my pocket pages. I like the consistent look it gives throughout my album, mistakes and all. But the BEST thing about using my grampa's typewriter is that I feel connected to him. It's sentimental and special to me. I love that he used it to be creative in his writing, and I'm now using it to be creative in my memory keeping.


Thanks for letting me share! Did you pick up the Golden Delicious kits this month?

I want to see what you are making! Come and share with us on the Facebook Group.

Hope to see you there!


2 comments:

Donna said...

Terrific pages! I love the way you trimmed the photos to 3" x 6"!

MarciaD said...

Love your ideas and designs! Thanks so much for sharing!