Monday, August 1, 2016

{House of Mirrors} with the "Vintage Charm" Classic Kit

Happy Monday!  It's Meridy here with my first layout using the "Vintage Charm" Classic Kit.  I believe there are a few of these kits still left in the store this week!  This kit is packed with colorful papers and a ton of different embellishments.  So head over there and pick one up for yourself!!!

I started working with this kit by pulling a single photo that I had of my kids exploring a House of Mirrors.


I layered quite a few pieces of paper to create the background of my layout.  The colors in the papers all matched my photo, so it was easy to incorporate them on the background. I couldn't wait to use the Jen Hadfield gold glittered scalloped tape---so I placed a strip of that across the top portion of the page. 


Next I added a few different branding strips to the right side of my photo.  I always like to utilize branding strips on my layouts, they are already cut and they add a little more variety to the papers. Along side the branding strips I placed one of the Maggie Holmes crepe paper ribbon embellishments.  I included a few of the We R memory Keepers stickers and finished this area off with a journaling card and a date stamp.


Then I created my title, I used the yellow circle frame that came in the kit.  I pulled in a somewhat reflective piece of gold cardstock, to mimic the look of a mirror and use that behind the frame.  I decided to place my title right across this "mirror" using both sets of alphabet stickers that came in the kit. 


I finished off the top left of the layout with a We R Memory Keepers painted wood veneer, a Jillibean Soup wood veneer, and a few We R Memory Keepers stickers.  Finally, I scattered a few sequins (from my stash) across the layout for a finishing touch.


I would love to see what you are creating with your Vintage Charm kits on our Noel Mignon Members Facebook page.  Check back every day this week to see what else our design team creates!

Have a good week!


No comments: