Monday, May 22, 2017

{Live Wild and Free} with the "Spring Fling" Daily Diary Kit

Hello friends!  It's Meridy here, working with the "Spring Fling" Daily Diary kit and the 12x12 paper add on.  This week the design team is featuring EMBELLISHMENTS on our layouts.  We are trying to use quite a few embellishments from Noel Mignon kits on our layouts.  I typically love using embellishments, so this was right up my alley!

I decided to scrap some photos of my kids at the splash pad last summer.  I love the navy color that is so trendy right now.  It looks excellent, and really pops when paired with soft, bright colors, like the salmon, yellow, and white on this layout.


First, I matted my photos into a strip, and placed them approximately where I wanted them to go on the layout.  Next, I began embellishing.  The first "embellishment" I made, was punched hexagons from the patterned papers.  I using those hexagons as the base for my layout.  I punched them in 2 different sizes, and placed them randomly across the layout until it looked balanced to me.

My next step was to add the title.  I used the chipboard that came in the Daily Diary kit.  The word "LIVE" kind of got lost on the white background paper, so I decided to mat it on some navy cardstock.  After I did that, it really popped!!!

I embellished the title with a yellow chipboard heart and a few enamel dots that I had left over from an older Noel Mignon kit.  The color scheme matched perfectly.


I added a wood veneer embellishment and a few more enamel dots to the upper right side of the layout, to balance out that area, and add a little interest to those few hexagons.
  

Finally, I decided to embellish my strip of photos a bit, I used some of the yellow washi tape that came in this month's kit, a few stamps that I had in my stash, and again, some enamel dots.


That wraps up my layout for today.  Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great week :)



No comments: