Monday, January 4, 2010

Playing with Paper Doll

The Paper Doll kit that is! :D :D :D I heard a rumor that Noel is going to put up a couple more Limited Edition Paper Doll-ish kits mid- to late- morning today. (Watch here on the Noel Mignon Layout blog, the Noel Mignon Facebook page or the Noel Mignon Twitter for the announcement) So if you missed out on that one . . . let the stalking begin! Hehehehe! :D :D :D

So far I have created a birthday card for Noel (see post below) and two layouts with the Paper Doll kit. You may have seen this first page already for the kit reveal, but I wanted to share with you where I found the inspiration for this page. :D

Country Living Magazine - April 2009



When I need a fresh starting point for a layout, I love to look at interior design magazines. When I saw this photo, I knew it would be a perfect inspiration for my Tea Party page. I loved the color combination . . . soft and natural. I loved the contrast of textures . . . the soft table linens, pink flowers, against the weathered white/tan wood.

I tried to translate this look into my page by using washed-out hues of pink/tan/cream/gold/white and green. The Collage Press paper with the subtle floral print was a perfect imitation of the pillows on the chairs in the picture.

The pink woodgrain American Crafts paper from the kit, added that wood texture. And the scallops on the circle and Creative Imagination diecut background paper, added that girly touch of the pink table cloth draped across the table in the picture.

Finally, I added strips of bright pink across the bottom of my page to anchor everything and to mimic the pops of bright pink in the photo.

Tea Party by Jana Eubank





On this next page, I was completely inspired by one of my daughter's favorite colors (aqua) and the current Sugar & Spice Challenge on the Noel Mignon Challenge blog (going up today). (Thanks to Greta for such a FUN challenge idea!!!)

All Girl by Jana Eubank



My SUGAR on this page is the Prima bling/pearl flourish and the Making Memories glitter title. The SPICE is the gem brads on the left side of the black scallop border. My PINK element is found in the strip of heart-patterned Imaginisce paper and the flowers in the Crate Paper floral paper. And finally, my SOFT element is the fabric circle. I actually loved the wrong-side of this fabric and decided to let that show on this page. :)




I hope you will come play along with us! This was a really fun one to do! The Sugar & Spice Challenge will run until Saturday, January 16th.

Happy Scrapping!
Jana

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! these are stunning jana!!!! wow wow wow!!! Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee how U used the magazine as inspo and your results are absolutely stunning! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)