Thursday, April 22, 2010

Doily Flowers


Doilies are all the rage right now. I love them. They are so girly and so vintage - both things I adore!

I made this card to share with you today using the Sonoma County kit (sold out) and some doilies from the craft store.



The flower was really easy to make. First, I cut the center out of the doily. Then I fan folded it.




I secured it with a glue dot.



Then, I added one of the Crate stickers for the center. I cut the flower of the BG crystal and added that, too. I used the stem part as a border. I adhered the whole thing to the card using some double sided tape.



Quick, easy and pretty!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. :)

6 comments:

Michele Kovack said...

I love the doilies too...and this is such a FABULOUS idea for making flowers! Gorgeous card!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I love this idea!!! BEAUTIFUL! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

Frances said...

This is such a great idea...thanks for the inspiration!

AllyW said...

Cuuute card!

Mel said...

Oh wow, the first doily on a card and I just love love the way you cut out the outside of the doily and folded it, this is truly gorgeous. I can never find doilies that small though.

Jana Eubank said...

Gorgeous!!! Now how come my fanfolds never look as pretty as yours?! ;)