Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mama's Jacket

Hi friends! How are all of y'all bearing this cold, miserable weather? Even here in Alabama we are getting freezing rain today. I'm ready for flip flops.

However, while it's still cold, I took pictures of my Sabriel wearing a jacket that my dad gave me when I was 3 years old. He had been deployed in Germany and came home with this and a blue fuzzy chair for me. I remember it really clearly! I no longer have the chair, but I do have this adorable jacket that Emerson and now Sabriel have both been able to wear.

For this layout, I used a mixture of the Very Virginia kit and the Truly Scrumptious kit (both are sold out, but there is one paper-only Truly Scrumptious option left!). I even added in this cute little die cut from the Dear Santa kit from 2 years ago!
To make the doily border, I used a piece of paper from the Very Virginia kit and cut out each one, then cut them in half and layered them underneath a piece of ribbon.

I think these two kits make a great pair! :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

super sweet layout - love the jacket being your's and now their's. And love her haircut - she's precious, my little chicken biscuit!!