Friday, September 30, 2011

Quote Book


I have a sweet friend who altered a skirt for me, and I offered to make something for her in trade for her work. She asked that I make her a book for quotes.

At first, I tried to decide if I would construct the book itself or buy one premade. I didn't really want a spiral bound book, so I looked around for a bit for something that would work.

I stumbled across some banana paper notebooks at Target that were perfect. The insides of all three notebooks in the set are different (one graph, one un-lined, and one lined). I want to go back and get more! The designs on the outside are already cute, but I wanted to decorate it with my own style, so I just recovered it with strips of paper and went from there.
 I made one of my masking tape flowers for the front- sturdy but three-dimensional. (You can see how I make them here: http://blackflipflops.blogspot.com/2010/09/accordian-flower-masking-tape-flower.html)


Created with the Study Hall kit! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's really cute!