Tuesday, February 7, 2012

From the Heart Week - Day 1

We have a seven very special days planned her on the Noel Mignon blog to celebrate Valentines Day!
I love Valentines so I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone creates!

This is Lisa and I'm up first with a special Valentines Day card I made for my husband. We got engaged on Valentines Day so I always love celebrating this day!

I used the Charm School kit to make this cute pocket card. 

To make the pockets (dang, I should have taken pictures while I was making this...sorry) I cut a piece of cardstock to 5.5" x 12" and folded it twice, once at 4" and again at 8". Then I cut out diagonal portions to make the pockets. Here's a visual that might explain it better! 

I decorated the whole card before I glued/stitched it together around the outside edges.



I will write some messages on the tags before I give him the card. I wanted to keep those private so I left them off for now ;)


I hope you enjoy our fun week from the heart!!

4 comments:

Virginia said...

This is so stinkin' cute! And what a sweet gift for your hubby!

Gretchen said...

what??!! don't want to share your love notes with us??!! hehehe
great card Lisa!

Kimberly said...

LOVE your card and technique too! xx
Loves,
K

Kimmie said...

Love the pockets! :)