Monday, February 27, 2012

Homespun Layouts


Hi, Everyone! It's Jana Eubank here to share some tips and the first two pages I have created using the March 2012 Homespun Kit (Sold out).

The first tip I have for you is all about "coming over to the B side". Can you believe that I have combined NINE patterned papers on this layout?! (I'm counting the FabRips & polka dot butterfly accent as two of the patterns). By using the "B" side of patterned papers, or the side of the paper that has the less busy ... more subtle pattern, I am able to combine that many patterns together without my page looking too busy.


Using the B side of a paper is also great for die-cutting! Here I used the dark green graph paper from the kit to cut out this family image.



My second page is all about laying my photos out on a grid. I placed my six photos side-by-side leaving the sixth place free for a title collage. I shrunk the grid and placed this off center on my background paper to keep things from feeling too boxy.


Dimensional embellishments, such as the buttons and metal clips, adds some fun to this page.


One of my photos didn't trim down exactly the way I wanted it to, making it slightly taller than the rest of the photos on my page. To disguise this fact, and keep my grid feeling like a "grid" I covered the junctions of the photos with the Jenni Bowlin buttons stickers and layered buttons on top. See the seam to the right of the large yellow button? It's not as open as the others, but the layered button/sticker accent draws your eye away from that "flaw." Don't be afraid to go with the flow and cover things up if they aren't working exactly the way you wanted them to. :)



Thanks for coming by today! I hope you have a great week!

Jana Eubank

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Fabulous pages, Jana!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! *LOVE* the little people in the first one at the top...super cute.

Leah's Crafty Life said...

such beautiful layouts, Jana!! Loved your video showing the kit as well! :)

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful, and I love these colors!

Kimberly said...

Absolutely AWESOME creations! I LOVE all your details! xx :)
Loves,
K

Brianna Marshall said...

amazing pages!i am loving the layout of the second page!