Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby Doll


Hello everyone! Thanks for coming by today, I'm excited to be sharing a layout with the Evening Stroll kit. When my box of fun arrived at my house and I saw all the papers and embellishments up close and personal I knew this was the perfect kit for some of the vintage photos I had printed and waiting for the right mix of products.

For my first layout, I decided to use a photo of my Mom when she was a little girl holding her baby doll. The Basic Grey Clippings paper is gorgeous and I like how the layered effect at the top of the paper is a great beginning for any layout. I carried the layered look over to my photo, surrounding it with papers and embellishments in coordinating colors and prints.

I used a piece of vellum for my journaling and stitched it vellum down with my sewing machine. Not only did it mimic the stitching in the printed paper but it allowed me to attach it to the page without any tape showing through.

To soften the layered papers under my photo, I inked the edges with the blue chalk ink included in the kit. I stitched some of the layers down and added flowers, brads and stickers around the photo.


I'm so happy to have this sweet photo of my Mom finally scrapped and am anxious to create some more vintage layouts. If you have some heritage photos, I encourage you to get them out and use them with this kit! Noel has put together the perfect combination of colors, papers and embellishments in the Evening Stroll kit for some vintage lovin'!

Enjoy the rest of the week and I'll see you back here next Tuesday!

No comments: