Thursday, March 14, 2013

Really Bad Photos, But Scrap Worthy


Hey, Everyone!  Hope your week is going well.  I always love Julie's sketches, and she has a new one up.  

I LOVE LOVE circles, and especially in a design.  But I had very limited time, about an hour to get this done.  Using the Daffodil Hill kit, I decided to cut different size circles from a few sheets of the pattern paper as a start.  I picked patterns that were not too large and added some contrast, and texture.  The circles were looking good, so decided I would layer some of the October Afternoon circle labels as well.
The flair was a perfect touch to the design and since this layout was starting to look a little modern and a little officey, I cut a piece of the Webster's Pages paper for the typewriter.  This "lovely" photo with me looking VERY orange was not only taken by my 4-year old daughter, but she picked the filter and uploaded it to Instagram.  I had some scrap friends say that I had to scrap this photo because of her doing this herself, so I took a screen shot on my phone to include all the little gibberish she put in the title.
So the layout is named "Eoscblop."  Typed on the Elle's Studio journaling spot, added a few more embellishments and splatters.
I kept this simple.  The photo would have gotten lost if there was too much on the background since it is sooo orange and dark.  But I felt like I needed something else to finish it off, so I added handstitching in orange to help make the orange photo look better, and then the green twine.
I love that this is documented and that is what I love about scrapbookers...it was a shock that my daughter did this, but it's a scrapbooker to realize that this has to be scrapped.  

No comments: