Thursday, July 18, 2013

Color Coordinating with Hello Sunshine

I've been LOVING the Hello Sunshine kit- how about you??  The kit is so versatile with all the fun and bright colors but I keep gravitating towards using the teals and oranges provided in the kit.  Vibrant orange can be cooled down a bit by using the more subdued teal/aqua color and I just love the result.  Here I chose to use orange as my focal color with teal accents to complement the blues in my photos.  I based the sketch from a layout I saw on the Crate Paper blog last week by Sandy Ang- which immediately caught my eye! I loved the dramatic diamond, the circular photographs, and the twine around the border so I knew at once I wanted to make it my own :)  I don't know about you guys but I love the look of embroidery on layouts but just don't have the patience to intricately hand stitch. This is the perfect way to add thread to a layout, just poke the holes, thread through, and tape it down on the back-- easy peasy!


We are lucky enough to have a huge dinosaur theme park only 15 minutes away that has an AWESOME splashpad-- Charlie had so much fun playing there last summer and I literally had to tear him away kicking and screaming whenever we needed to leave!


There's a giant dinosaur in the entrance (and scattered throughout the park as well), and they dress the T Rex up for the season.  During the summer he/she sports shades, an American flag, and a giant bottle of coke- ha!


I love these enamel dots, they add some whimsy and fun to the title!

Well I hope you love my orange and teal layout- it's been one of my favorites with the kit so far :)  Enjoy your Thursday ladies!


No comments: