Friday, July 19, 2013

Away We Go . . .

Happy Friday everyone!!  I'm popping in to share this month's sketch challenge :)  A simple layout, with a fun border - feel free to get creative!! Although the sketch shows a circle border, you could easily use any kind of shape/object :)

 photo julysketch600_zpsf9c75b7d.jpg

Here is my take on the sketch using the bright & cheery Hello Sunshine kit!!

 photo awaywego600_zps18cbbc50.jpg

For my title work I used a mix of a Silhouette cut & those adorable Jillibean Soup mini alphas - love those little guys!!  I also layered up a few elements I cut from the patterned papers :)

 photo awaywegocu1_zpse7075fbc.jpg

I decided to stitch around my photos - such an easy way to make them stand out amidst the busyness of the page.  I layered up a bunch of fun tags, buttons, and brads in the corner and then added my journaling underneath.  My journaling is typed on vellum.  To attach it to the page I ran a quick stitch along the bottom and tucked the top under my patterned paper :)

 photo awaywegocu3_zps72a61003.jpg
Instead of using larger, individual circles as the sketch suggested, I decided to go a little punch crazy and make a big mess - HA!  Seriously though, I did make a mess as I was trying to glue these down.  A bottle of liquid glue literally exploded on my page :(  After a quick clean up and a new sheet of white card stock, I was back in!! Love the effect of all these little circles as a border :)

 photo awaywegocu2_zpse94eaa38.jpg

Alright scrappers, ready to get creative with your own border?  Your entry to this challenge is due August 2nd. Once you have completed your entry, be sure to post it in our Facebook group.  One lucky participant will be randomly selected to receive a $10 gift certificate to the Noel Mignon store!!  Can't wait to see your entries :)

1 comment:

MichelleB said...

Love this layout! The confetti border is fabulous!