Friday, January 31, 2014

Selfies & Snapshots

Happy Friday, Friends! Jana Eubank here. Can you believe that January is over? I'm getting excited for Valentine's Day and it's starting to show in my scrapping! I just couldn't resist adding a bunch of hearts to this last page using the January 2014 Fresh Start kit.


I love the little stamp set by Elle's Studio that came with the kit. I used the outline heart stamp and gray ink to add a confetti-sprinkling of hearts down the left and right sides of my page. Next, I used the pink and aqua SEI ink pads (included with the kit )and the solid heart to fill each heart with color. I adore how these colors go with the kraft paper.


The toothpick hearts from the kit top off my photo collage so sweetly! I anchored them to the top of the photo block by placing one of the BasicGrey Fresh Cut die cut frames behind them and then a My Mind's Eye tap sticker over the toothpics. I love the touch of glitter they add to this page along with the Thicker letter stickers! Just perfect for a girly page of selfies and snapshots. :D


I left a few of the spots of my photo grid open for embellishing. I cut solid paper to fit in the squares and then added little bits to each one. The top square gets more stamping with the hearts and a sticker from the My Mind's Eye sticker sheet. On the center square, I used the tag from the decorative brad pack and then layered a punched heart and word (cut from the tear strip of one of the patterned papers) on top. The bottom square is filled with another My Mind's Eye decorative brad.

Thanks for taking a look at my page! I hope it has inspired you to get creating this weekend!

See you again soon!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Hey Jana, I was just wondering where you get your prints printed so small. Do you do it at home, or order them from somewhere? Love the size!

Jana Eubank said...

Thanks, Diane! Yep! I print them at home. If I want them smaller, I will usually create a collage in Photoshop and then print them. You can also do the same thing by creating a collage in an online program, saving it, and then sending the saved collage image to where you have your pictures printed. I'm not too familiar of what is out there, but here are a few I have heard of. You can edit your photos for free at http://pixlr.com/ (if you want to change the color, etc.) You can create collages for free at PicMonkey.com and then save the new collage image to your computer without any ads. I hope that helps!

Diane said...

Thank you! Your page is fabulous, and selfies are so much fun and trendy now!!