Thursday, February 13, 2014

Book of Love Challenge: "Sew In Love"

Good afternoon everyone!!!  Julie here, back with another challenge for the Book of Love Crop :)  This afternoon's "Sew In Love" challenge is all about stitching & love!!!

THE CHALLENGE:  Use some form of stitching/sewing on your love-themed layout.

Feel free to machine or hand-stitch OR if you don't like to sew, some faux-stitching would work as well!!  Here is the layout I created for the "Sew In Love" challenge . . .

 photo celebrate600_zps94d4f318.jpg 

For the title, I cut "celebrating" from my Cameo.  Then I used this cute "I love you" strip from the bottom of one of the patterned papers to border below it.  Here you can see some fun zig-zag stitching I added to anchor it down onto the page :)

 photo celebratecu1_zpsbe83eb1a.jpg

The second half of the title is a collection of hand-cut letters.  Instead of using actual stitching, I added some doodled "faux-stitching" around the edge of each letter.
 
 photo celebratecu3_zps6e5c8e4b.jpg

The majority of the stitching on the page was done across the rows of circles I created as a backdrop to my photo.  I added in some of those adorable wooden hearts too - couldn't resist :)

 photo celebratecu2jpg_zpsa2e8b65a.jpg

Hope you join us HERE and play along!!!

No comments: