Monday, February 24, 2014

Sara Andrews - You've been scraplifted!


This week, the design team is celebrating all the inspiration from our facebook group members by sharing their creations with you and scraplifting them. You should come play along! 

I chose the talented Sara Andrews to scraplift. What inspired me was her fun use of color and lots of layering! I've been gravitating to softer, muted colors lately, so I chose her because I thought it would move me out of my comfort zone. Her layouts just shout "FUN" to me! 

I picked this sweet layout from her blog:

And dove into the Wishing Well kit (now available!) with my scraplift.  

To mimic her design, I gathered a bright, bold patterned paper for my background and several square mats from patterned paper for my oversized photo. I also layered a handful of brads and small embellishments around the two corners. 


Thanks, Sara, for the inspiration! I've learned several new ways to look at my own creativity by watching yours! :)




4 comments:

Sara Andrews said...

Awww....thanks Virginia!! You've made my day.

And I love, love, love your layout. :)

cdm317 said...

Both layouts are wonderful! You couldn't have picked a better paper artist to scraplift! Sara's layouts are the best!

Cindy@ Scrap-obsessed.blogspot.com said...

Both layouts are fabulous. It's so nice to have inspiration since I seem to need a lot of it. Beautiful layout and scraplift girls!

Hrvatica said...

Both the original and scraplifted one are gorgeous!