Thursday, April 10, 2014

My Sweetie Cake and the Social Butterfly kit


Hello!

Becky Williams with you here today to share my first post as an official member of the Noel Mignon team!

I used this month's kit, Social Butterfly, to create this layout of my youngest daughter, Lily.

If you haven't gotten this kit yet, hurry over to the store because I think there are still a couple kits left!

I was tucking almost-three-year-old Lily in for a nap the other day, told her I loved her and she said, "You're my sweetie cake." I thought it was the cutest little thing and decided to use it as the title for this page:


I used the orange cardstock and one of the Basic Grey Spice Market papers as the base for my page. The "sweetie cake" and heart background was cut on my Silhouette Cameo and then I added the fun American Crafts cork arrows and Jillibean Soup orange AlphaBeans to accent the title. 


To help the orange alpha stickers stand out from the background paper I used some white spray mist and a paintbrush and after the mist dried added alphas. 


The Maya Road cording in the kit is so cool! I like that it is thicker than most twines I've seen. I cut the length I wanted to wrap around the picture of Lily and then unraveled it and then used just part of it instead of the whole strand. I like the fun texture it adds to the page. I also tucked a journaling card and a piece of the orange polka dot Maya Road fabric tape under the picture along with some of the October Afternoon stickers. I added some of those cute  Jillibean Soup wood Sprinkles to the circles of my diecut background. 


Lastly, I tucked one of the BG Spice Market metal shapes under my picture and put a Studio Calico fabric bow on top of the pic but in the center of the metal shape. There is so much texture in this kit! 

I am excited to share more "Social Butterfly" projects with you as the month goes on. 

Make sure to share your projects with us on the Noel Mignon Facebook page. We'd love to see what you are working on with the kits. 

Thanks for stopping by the blog today! 

1 comment:

Ginger said...

This is beautiful Becky!