Thursday, December 4, 2014

holiday recipes organized!

This is the time of year that I do a lot of baking...even more so than the rest of the year. I love pulling out all of our favorite cookie recipes & hearing how happy my kids are when they come home from school to realize that I've baked another batch of yummy treats!

The problem I run into every year, however, is that my recipes are all over the place. Some are in those magazines you see at the checkout lines the grocery stores (the ones I can never seem to turn down!) Some are in one cookbook, or another, or in a binder that's overflowing with printed recipes from various websites and blogs.

So this year I decided to get them all organized and put in one spot. I started with a 6x8 Project Life Album. The red polka dots were perfect for a Christmas album.

I pulled out the Cable Knit kit {swoon!!} and got to work making a cover page.
I used some of the Fancy Pants sequins from a previous kit and just took out the green and white ones for my pocket, sewing it at the top so they wouldn't fall out. I also stapled that cute lollipop so it would stay upright :)
I love making pockets a bit see through so you can see the pretty pages behind it :)

I also added some of that great white/gold twine to the top of the snowman jar. Can't wait to use that on more projects!



I added some patterned paper to the backside of that snowman jar and then did some simple embellishing to my recipes. Nothing super fancy but I still wanted to make it cute...cause who doesn't like baking even more when  you have a cute recipe to look at?! I also pulled that super cute Elle's Studio stamp and stamped on a few of my cards.

And if I had a recipe that was one of those little index cards (like from a magazine), I simply added it to some cardstock. No need to reprint the recipe and make more work for myself! I also added recipes from past years' cookie swaps that were on cards that fit into the album. Perfect!


This book is not only for cookies but all of our Christmas favorites...including my Aunt Kathy's meatball recipe that I make each and every Christmas Eve. Mmmm...another family favorite!

I can't wait to get this book filled with lots of yummy recipes that hold many fun memories for me and my family. I hope this inspires you to get those holiday recipes sorted and organized so they're easy to find each year! 

And as an added treat I'm sharing one of our favorite cookie recipes. It's super simple and my kids love it! 

Just a heads up - the cherry chip cake mix can sometimes be hard to find. Every state I've lived in it seems there's only one store that carries it. Here are the stores I've found it in - Albertson's, Piggly Wiggly, Meijer. You could also ask your local grocery store to order it for you (yes, it's worth it!) Although, you could probably substitute any cake mix...I bet strawberry would be good, too!!

Just right click the photo, save, & print on 4x6 cardstock!

1 comment:

clements_diane said...

I love this idea. Great job.