Thursday, May 28, 2015

Pack your bags for day to day life...

Hello, Agnus here with another another week to share using the fun Pack Your Bags Daily Diary Kit . I love that even though this kit is themed for travel pages, it is versatile enough to use for documenting the little moments of everyday life.


My album is quickly filling up with all the details from our day to day lives and I will need to start using a second album for the remainder of the year very soon.


While I don't necessarily need all my cards and photos to match, I do like to create a nice flow across the page this is where these kits makes things so much easier.  I used the colours in this 6 x 6" paper to help me determine which colors I wanted to use then simply selected a rang of complimentary pieces from the kit to tie all the pockets in together. I layered a few stickers and accents from the kit to create a title card for the week, backing the wood veneer piece with the cork patterned paper. 


I used a variety of different sized photos this week and even cut around one of the pics to create a fun card. A little bit of journaling and a few stickers were all that was needed to record a few little details from day to day life. 


I cut around a portion of the element on this journal card and tucked my photo underneath it to create more depth, adding a title and journaling in a vertical orientation for added interest.


 I continued with the same color scheme for the second part of the week, again using a mix of photo sizes and simple accents. 


A few simple stickers were all that was needed to dress up one of the filler cards from the kit. 


I used some of the bolder patterns to create a bright background for our movie tickets, adding another wood veneer piece and some small accents to the piece.


I matted all the photos with a white border to help break up the different colors and repeated this with one of the journal cards to help it stand out on the busy background paper.


And that was week 21 :) 
Thanks for stopping by  xx





No comments: