Saturday, February 13, 2016

fun with letters and love

Hello!

I am continuing this week's topic of "Love Letters" and have a couple of projects to share with you.

Each of the designers this week has either shared their take on the challenge, which was to either use a letter as part of their project or to find a creative way to use letters on their page.

I have loved the way others use large cut-out wording on projects, so that is what I decided to do for this week.

But, before I share that layout, here is a card that I created in honor of Valentine's Day and the cute little hedgehog stamps included in this month's Heart of Gold Classic Kit. I did a little bit of word play with the Pink Paislee Memorandum alpha stickers on this card.


As I mentioned, I love the look of large diecut titles. Instead of using my Silhouette Cameo for this one, though, I typed the word "love" using the WordArt function in Microsoft Word. I used  the outline version of my chosen font and printed it out in 120 point on a sheet of 8 1/2"x11" cardstock. From there I used my craft knife to cut out the letters and then backed each one with patterned paper. 

This is a great way to get the diecut look for those who may not have a diecutting machine available. 


After adding the patterned paper to "love" I mounted that onto the charcoal grey cardstock from the kit and trimmed leaving a 1/4" border all the way around. From there I adhered that to a piece of patterned paper that I'd misted with blue Heidi Swapp Color Shine


The triangle strip was handcut from the Pink Paislee Memorandum "Memo" patterned paper. 

I added the white paper heart doily and lots of stickers, washi tape and enamel dots to finish off the page. 

I used the Patina spray mist from last month's kit to draw lines for my journaling, which is about my daughter's love for gymnastics. 


Thanks for stopping by the blog today. 

How have you/do you use letters in a creative way on your projects? 

I challenge you to create a project using this week's focus for your page. 

Check back on Monday for a new challenge!

No comments: