Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Summer' Lovin: Sidewalk Chalk

Hi guys! Jana Eubank here to share with you my first project using the July 2016 Summer Lovin' Classic Kit. Admittedly, I feel like I really went out on a limb this week with the watercolor challenge ... I'm not the kind of scrapper to do messy techniques on my pages, and so this one really pushed me outside of my comfort zone. Crossing my fingers, hoping you like what you see! LOL!

I grabbed a sheet of white cardstock for the base of my page, and that had a bit of fun scribbling the Distress Crayons onto the background.



After spreading the pigment around with a paintbrush loaded with water, I wasn't quite getting the color I wanted, so I went back again with the crayon over the water, and then pushed the color around again.



I was starting to get closer. Yay! I wet the brush and loaded it up with pink crayon pigment and added a few splatters here-and-there. I also added white and gold mist. Here is the result!



I think I'm ready to start building my page!

SIDEWALK CHALK

The painted background ended up being perfect to use with these photos of my kids and their cousins doing sidewalk chalk. It almost looks like they scribbled right on the page!


I used yellow elements to add a pop of color, being sure to add it in a visual triangle around the design. Bits of aqua branding strips anchor each photo and tie things together.



I thought it might be fun to add in some white swirls. I cut these using my Silhouette Cameo. A few brads, sprinkled in and it's starting to feel like a party! 


I liked the bit of sparkle the silver-rimmed brads added to the page and decided to add in some punched silver arrow shapes. It ties the silver and gray together and the shimmer is really fun.

I hope you liked this page! Like I said, it was a stretch for me, but it was fun to flex those creative muscles and do something a little out of the norm for myself. :)

Keep checking back all week to see how the other design team members have added watercolor to their projects.

See you next week!



No comments: