Friday, April 21, 2017

Hitting the Slopes: April "Let's Get Lost" Classic Kit

Hey guys!  Sarah here with a very old picture of myself with my family when we were living overseas.  My father was in the military and we lived in Europe for a few years.  While there, we took advantage of where we were and did some traveling.  One thing we did almost every year was go on a group trip to Austria to do some skiing.  


All of the mountain papers really spoke to me to create this layout for my album about my childhood.  And it was perfect, since we are literally on a mountain in the picture!


The title fit perfectly right above the photo and I used a mix of the Thickers and the We R Memory Keepers tiny alphabets.  To top off the title, I used a puffy camera sticker from Pink Paislee and a Shimelle wood button with more mountains.


I wanted something bold on the bottom so those gold glitter Thickers were great for that.  I also added a few more little details including the black and gold washi tape.  To add some more dimension, I fussy cut around the mountain paper to give them some height and an added detail under the photo.


For the journaling, I used a die cut and covered up the sentiment with a strip of the washi so it made more sense for my layout.  

I hope you enjoyed this layout and it helps inspire you to pull out some older photos and get them documented.  Thanks for stopping by today!



No comments: