Monday, November 27, 2017

Christmas Ornaments with the "Gingerbread and Peppermint" Daily Diary Kit

Hello friends!!!  It's Meridy today.  I couldn't wait to break into my "Gingerbread and Peppermint" Daily Diary Kit this week.  Inspired by all of the pretty homemade ornaments on Pinterest, I decided to try making some of my own with my Noel Mignon kit this past weekend.


I started off with some vintage fluted Christmas cookie cutters and lined the inside of them with some of the paper from this month's kit, adhered with Eileen's Tacky Glue.  The smaller print on the 6x6 papers is the perfect scale for these tiny ornaments.  Next, I hot glued the trim that came in the kit on the edge of the diamond cookie cutter.  I dipped the edges of the star into tacky glue then red glitter.  

I added the little bows that came in the kit to the ornaments with hot glue.  I placed some jingle bells on the tops to give me a place to string baker's twine to hang the ornaments from.  

I fussy cut the word "Joyful" from the little cards in the "Gingerbread and Peppermint" Daily Diary Kit.



Finally, I filled them with little bits and pieces I have collected.  The deer came from a pack of small ornaments I found at Wal Mart this weekend.  The mini tree and holly came from Hobby Lobby.  I added a few beads to the tree to create ornaments.  You can find little bits and pieces of Christmas goodness in lots of places.  




I had a great time mixing this month's kit in with some craft supplies to create one of a kind ornaments! 

Thanks for stopping by!  See you next week.



No comments: