Monday, June 11, 2018

{Pooltime Together} Layout with "The Big Splash" Classic Kit

I am LOVING working with my "The Big Splash" Classic Kit this month!!!  I have another swimming pool layout to share today.  I went with a fairly monochromatic look today to mimic the colors in my photos.

I started with the wave patterned paper as my background and added a strip of the palm tree paper down the right hand side.  I wanted to seperate the 2 patterns in a bold way, so I matted a strip of fish patterned paper and a strip of washi to run down that seam. 


I made my own journaling block with a few scraps of paper, a few puffy stickers, and some enamel dots.


My title area is actually covering up some "photobombers" that invaded my pictures.  I placed the viewmaster slide, chipboard, and sticker so that it covered up the strangers in the background.  I embellished this little cluster with a flair button, some stickers, and a couple of enamel dots as well.


My last embellishment cluster consists of some more chipboard stickers, a couple of enamel dots, some stickers, and a stamped image of a flamingo---with BLUE ink, so it matches the layout. I outlined the stamped image with a blue pen. I used the white glitter alphabet stickers to spell out "swim" on black cardstock, then fussy cut around the word, so it popped against the busy background.


The final step was to splatter the layout with some Tim Holtz mist that came in the kit.  It is the perfect shade of blue for this monochromatic layout, and with that, the layout is complete. 

Thanks for stopping by today!!!





1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeeee this! LOVING how you used the viewmaster slide!!!!!