Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Pooltime Fun with the Big Splash Classic Kit

The Big Splash kit is such a fun way to document those pool photos.  Whether that pool is big or small :)  These quick snapshots are of my son and his friend from last summer playing in the kiddie pool in the backyard. 



I started with a piece of white cardstock and used the Tim Holtz Distress Ink and sprayed it a few times on the background.  It was a little darker than I wanted so I took paper towel and blotted off the excess ink. 

I then cut a few strips of pattern paper to cover the top of my layout leaving the bottom 2/3 for my photos and embellishment clusters. 

I used the Jenni Bowlin chiboard buttons in a visual triangle around my photos.  I then used these as a foundation for smaller word stickers/puffy stickers.  


I finished off by printing out my journaling and placed it along with a diecut and another chipboard button on the top part of my layout tucking it all into the smaller strip of pattern paper.  

I set a time limit for myself on this layout and I was amazed at how having a time limit makes design decisions so much easier.  If you struggle on every little embellishment placement I would suggest trying to set a timer.  It's amazing what you can get done when you feel the crunch.  

I hope you are enjoying this last beautiful Noel kit.
Happy Scrapping!




1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is just FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!