Monday, June 4, 2018

{Time for a Swim} Layout with the "Big Splash" Classic Kit

Hello friends!  Now that summer is in full swing, I am so excited to be working with "The Big Splash" Classic Kit.  I think there are still 2 more of these amazing kits available in the store.  I'm so sad that this will be Noel's final kit, but I'm going to make the most of it!!!


I absolutely loved the "Marco Polo" paper in this kit, and knew I wanted to use it right away!!!  So it became the background paper of the first layout I made with the kit.  I pulled the light blue from the water on the paper and matted it on light blue paper.  

I wanted to pull out the red, black, and gold color on the paper too.  So that's how I chose the papers to use in the layers behind the photos.  The ombre gold ribbon in the kit was so beautiful, I added a strip down the left hand side of the layout.  I layered the ribbon with a couple of border punch strips with inked edges to add a little more texture to the layout.


Next, it was time for me to add a title.  I really wanted to use the pink Thickers that came in the kit, but when I had the whole page completed, the pink looked a bit off to me.  So I colored right over the pink with a red sharpie for a perfectly matching title.


All 3 of the embellishment clusters contained a stamped phrase on yellow paper, some enamel dots, and a puffy sticker from the kit.  I also threw in some stickers, a chipboard sticker, and the date using the glitter alphabet stickers. 


I really loved working with these supplies from the kit and using a bit of an eclectic and unique color scheme for swimming photos.  Thanks for stopping by today!




3 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So fun! LOVING that marco polo paper!!!!!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

What a great and amazing layout!

Meridy said...

Thank you, ladies!!!